The Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) is comprised of various stakeholders in the watershed interested in furthering the goals of the Coastal Bays Program: local fishermen, developers, golf course managers, business owners, community organizations, recreational boaters, farmers, and environmentalists who work together to protect the Coastal Bays.
The Citizens Advisory Committee:
- Ensures public involvement during implementation of the CCMP
- Recommends changes to the CCMP through continuing planning exercises
- Functions as a watchdog and advocate for implementation of the CCMP
- Ensures that public involvement and education are a central component to the Program
- Recommends legislative changes necessary to further the goals of the CCMP
Membership is extended to any interested citizen.