The Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) represents a balance of scientific disciplines with expertise in the following areas: nutrients/toxicities; transport and fate, including modeling; ecological and human health effects; and living resources.
The STAC is responsible for:
- Providing advice and guidance to research, data management, modeling, and sampling and monitoring efforts which affect the scientific adequacy of program activities.
- Suggesting specific scientific activities necessary to meet program objectives.
- Conducting peer review of studies, reports on the status and trends in the estuary, and alerting the management committee to emerging environmental problems.
- Overseeing the assembly and analysis of historical databases for characterizing the estuary.
- Reviewing the development of any requests for proposals and proposals submitted to ensure scientific rigor and quality.